Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Neal McCoy Makes an Impact In Branson Mo

Editorial in Branson Daily News by Josh Clark, Staff Writer
August 19, 2009

Ever since I started here at the Branson Tri-Lakes News at the end of May, I have had the pleasure of meeting, interviewing and seeing some of the best performers in the area.

With the notable exception of the Comets who, in addition to being true legends of rock ‘n’ roll, are one of my favorite shows in town, I try not to interject my opinion when it comes to shows.

That was until I got the chance to see Neal McCoy last Thursday night at the Yakov Smirnoff Theater. I was, for lack of a better word, stunned.

Spending the majority of my teenage years in the 1990s, I was very familiar with McCoy’s music. “Wink,” “For a Change” and “The Shake” have always been songs that made me think of a happier time in my life. Being a fan of his music already, I was intrigued when Yakov Smirnoff told me he’d be hitting town this year.

At first I was worried that yet another country star thought performing in Branson would be easy money. It happens all the time. They show up with their big buses, big names and big egos, expecting to do their stage show and knock the crowd dead. More often than not, those acts fall face first.

Not McCoy. He was funny, enduring and without a doubt, put on one of the most fun and exciting shows I have ever seen on a Branson stage. I had a big cheesy grin on my face the entire time, and I wasn’t the only one. People in the audience ranged in ages from 4 to 84, and McCoy was able to entertain them all.

Click here for the rest of the story:
http://www.bransondailynews.com/story.php?storyID=12955

No comments:

Post a Comment